Three things I have learnt about life by the age of 40:
- It is never too late to start looking after yourself. And when you do, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
- Learning to put myself first sometimes was one of the hardest but most rewarding lessons I’ve had to learn, particularly not feeling guilty when I do it.
- You have the life you have by choice. You choose who to love and how to live. You choose what to accept and what to change.
Three things that I have learnt about love by the age of 40:
- At 40, you can love as passionately as a teenager and behave the same way.
- There truly is someone out there who will light up your soul, challenge your thinking and make you grow, and know you better than you know yourself. Don’t settle.
- Loving yourself is the most important love you will ever give and receive. It makes you a better person.
Three things I have learnt about happiness by the age of 40:
- You are responsible for your own happiness, no one else. It is the choices you make, ever day.
- Being content is not the same as being happy.
- Do things that make you happy every day. Why not? The cleaning will be there again tomorrow.
A life lived without happiness is not a life lived.